Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
from: How to Simplify
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3-4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Pour flour, powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda into another bowl and mix.
- Pour flour mixture into pumpkin mixture and mix until incorporated and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and level out the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the dish or frosting.
- Frost the bars when they have cooled -- To make the frosting: Combine cream cheese and butter in a bowl and mix until smooth. Add the sugar slowly until you reach the desired consistency. Stir in the vanilla.