The following recipe is one I kind of made up and is a quick and easy dinner for a week night. You can add cheese to eat if you eat dairy, or leave it off! Either way, it is yummy. Tonight's version was one of the better versions, so I decided to share it!
Shaved Steak with Onions and Peppers
Serves 4 big appetites, or 6 small ones
- 2 lbs of shaved steak
- 2 bell peppers, any color, cut into strips
- 1 yellow onion, cut in half and sliced
- 3 slices of bacon, or Trader Joe's Bacon Ends and Pieces
- salt, pepper, or Camp Spice
- Cook bacon on a low heat (medium or medium low) to render the fat out. Once the bacon is crispy, take it out of the pan and put it aside. You'll want to crumble it up when its cool and add it back later.
- Turn the heat up to medium or medium high. Add peppers and onions to the bacon drippings. Saute until the vegetables are soft and remove from pan.
- Add shaved steak to the pan. Cook and stir, breaking up the pieces of steak, until the steak is cooked. Add bacon, peppers, and onions to the beef and stir. Season with salt and pepper, or Camp Spice.
- You can top with cheese, barbecue sauce, or nothing at all!