Coconut and Macadamia Crusted Chicken Tenders
slightly adapted from: Stuff I Make My Husband
- 2lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- about 1/2 cup of macadamia nuts (I used raw, roasted and salted would work too)
- pinch of salt (more if you used raw macadamia nuts)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (F). Have a baking sheet lined with parchment ready.
- Cut chicken into even sized pieces, similar to chicken tenders.
- Using the shredder on your food processor, chop up the macadamia nuts. Best way to do this: put the nuts in the tube of the food processor lid and cover with the pusher so they don't fly up and hit you in the face!
- Use the same technique as above to shred your coconut into smaller pieces. Combine nuts, coconut, garlic powder, and salt onto a plate.
- Put the egg whites in a shallow dish.
- Dip chicken in the egg whites and then press into the nut mixture until thoroughly coated. Place onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cook for about 20 minutes. Flip chicken over and cook for another 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and coated is golden brown.
Mango Dijon Dipping Sauce
also from: Stuff I Make My Husband
- 1 ripe mango
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Peel and cut the mango (doesn't matter if the chop is neat, you are going to blend it)
- Throw all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Dip in your yummy chicken!!