Monday, February 7, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Pie

After the 6 day vacation I got (but didn't necessarily want) I managed to bake quite a bit.  I made brownies, pita, and this amazing Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Pie.

Brittani had a Super Bowl party yesterday and I volunteered to bring the dessert.  I had this pie bookmarked on my tastespotting favorites forever and finally decided it was time to try it (the 8lbs of chocolate my dad sent me also influenced my decision!).  The ingredient list is short and simple, but I had to go to 2 stores to get everything because all the supermarkets around here were out of everything (eggs, milk, cream cheese, butter)!!  This pie is indulgent, rich, and tastes like a giant peanut butter cup!  Enjoy.



Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Pie
adapted from: The Nesting Project

Ingredients
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar plus 1/4 cup for whipping cream
1 8 oz package of cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla extracted
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips (or 1/2 a cup for drizzling which is what I did)
1 chocolate cracker (or graham cracker) crust

Procedure
  1. Combine the peanut butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and cream cheese until smooth and combined.
  2. Transfer to a bowl and then with a clean beater - whip up heavy cream and the rest of the sugar. *Hint: use a really cold bowl and it will whip up faster.
  3. Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture and add into the pie shell.
  4. Melt the choc chips in the microwave for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes (You may want to do this in 20 second intervals so you don't over microwave it) and either drizzle on top or cover the entire top.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I baked too! I made chocolate chip cinammon rolls. I baked them a smidge too long and they came out a little crunchy. But if you dunk them in enough hot cocoa or coffee they soften right up!

    If we get out this week I want to try to make french bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that looks terrible! :-)

    ReplyDelete