Summer Veggie Lasagna
adapted from a bunch of places
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 small eggplant (optional), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 diced onion
- 1-2 tsp of minced garlic
- 3 tsp chopped, fresh basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups part skim ricotta
- lasagna sheets
- olive oil
- Boil salted water for the lasagna sheets. The number of lasagna sheets you need depends on how many people you are feeding. You will need two sheets per plate. Boil lasagna for the time stated on the box. Set aside.
- Saute onion in olive oil until almost translucent. Add garlic and saute for another 2-3 minutes. Remove onion and garlic from the pan and set aside.
- Add summer squash, zucchini, and eggplant to the same saute pan. Cook until the squash starts to become translucent. Add salt and pepper. You may need more olive oil to cook these.
- In a bowl, mix ricotta, onion and garlic mixture, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Taste the mixture to make sure it is seasoned well.
- To create the lasagna: cut one sheet in half and put on the plate. Spread with ricotta mixture. Layer with squash, eggplant, and tomato. Cut another lasagna sheet in half and put it on top of the tomatoes. If you want, you can sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and microwave for about a minute to melt it. Enjoy!