One of my favorite combinations for summer is tomatoes and basil, so when I came upon a recipe for Caprese Chicken, I had to try it. I don't have a grill, so I had to come up with some alterations for this recipe. It has cool, creamy cheese with fresh, bright basil on warm chicken with a zingy balsamic glaze.
adapted from: Add A Pinch
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese
- a handful of basil leaves
- 1 or 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Drizzle olive oil on chicken breasts and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until thoroughly cooked, 30-40 minutes.
- Slice mozzarella cheese and tomatoes about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan or saute pan over medium-high heat until it starts to bubble. Turn heat down to medium and simmer until the vinegar reduces down and becomes much thicker, between 5 and 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Start to build your caprese chicken stack: place mozzarella, tomato, and one or two basil leaves on top of the chicken breast. Drizzle balsamic glaze over chicken and enjoy!