I was scrolling through Chowstalker and found a recipe for steak and cheese stuffed peppers, which is perfect. Most stuffed pepper recipes have rice, or some other starchy carb in them, but this one is just filled with meat, veggies, and cheese.
Steak and Cheese Stuffed Peppers
from: Peace, Love, and Low Carb
- 4 large green peppers
- 1-1.5 pounds of shaved steak
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced thin
- 8oz button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 12 pieces of provolone
- 1 tbs salted butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with tinfoil.
- Cut green peppers in half, top to bottom. Take all of the seeds out and line them up on the cookie sheet. Put 1/2 of a piece of cheese in the bottom of each pepper.
- Heat up butter on medium heat in a frying pan. Saute mushrooms and onions until soft. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cook shaved steak in the frying pan until no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper. Mix the cooked steak with the mushrooms and onions.
- Fill each pepper with the vegetable and steak mixture. You may have a little extra for snacking on later.
- Cook for about 30 minutes, or until peppers are soft. Turn the oven off. Place a piece of cheese on top of each pepper and place back in oven until cheese is melted. This should only take a few minutes. Enjoy!