Today's recipe, quinoa salad, is something I kind of made up. I was inspired by a recipe for quinoa stuffed peppers. I made this to bring to a friend's house the other day and she asked for the recipe, so I thought I would share it with everyone here too! Max loves this, so its not a girly meal; he finished everything that was left over from Brittani and Chris's house, I didn't get to have any!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water (or chicken broth)
- 1-2 avocados, diced into cubes (depending on taste or availability)
- 6-10 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 can Rotel (I used the kind with cilantro and lime juice)
- lime juice (however much tastes good to you, it also helps stop the avocado from browning)
- cilantro (optional)
- salt and pepper
- To cook the quinoa: bring 2 cups of water (or broth) to a boil. Add the quinoa. Turn heat to medium and simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Let it cool for a while before you add all of the other ingredients.
- Add all of the ingredients to the quinoa. Salt and pepper to taste. Chill and enjoy!