Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tortilla Pizzas

Since I've started my new job at night, I've had to make dinner for me and Max before I leave or I would be very hungry when I got back at 8.  I was browsing some of the food blogs that I frequently follow and I came across this recipe.  I went to the store after class and intended to buy some pitas, but the store didn't have any!!  They did have some big, wrap-sized tortillas that I thought would work really well.  I was right and now I am sharing this yummy recipe with you :)

Tortilla Pizza
adapted from: gimmesomeoven 
  • wrap-sized tortillas (any flavor, I used spinach-herb)
  • mozzarella cheese
  • pizza sauce 
  • Parmesan cheese (if you like a little extra cheese)
  • any toppings you like!
    • I used Canadian bacon and pineapple
  1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees with your pizza stone in it. 
  2. Put on the sauce, cheese, then toppings.
  3. Put in oven and bake for about 10 minutes, but check on it because the crust is so thin.
  4. Pull out of the oven and enjoy!
I made one of these for each of us.  Because the crust is so thin, they may not be as filling as normal pizza, but are super-duper yummy!!!  This is a quick dinner that I think most people will enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. We just got a pizza stone as a shower gift. I'll have to remember this recipe when we get moved into our new apartment!

    ReplyDelete