Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cream Cheese Frosting

So...I haven't updated in forever.

Since the last time I updated, I moved back to New Hampshire and am living in my parents' basement with Max.  All of my baking things are in boxes and...(sorry mom) my parents' kitchen is lacking many of the things I usually use.  There is a great gas oven/stove in their kitchen, but I got so used to my other itty-bitty oven that most of the things that I've baked so far have looked...weird.  Things taste great, just aren't pretty at all.

So, to the recipe.  My grandparents came over the other day and my mom is the queen of baking from boxes.  Not that their is anything wrong with that!  Every time we have people over, she makes a cake.  It became a joke when Max and I were dating that she would make a cake every time he came over.

Anyways, my mom wanted to make a red velvet cake.  Its not my favorite cake (I know! sorry!!!), but I do love the cream cheese frosting that accompanies it.  Every cream cheese frosting that I have had from a tub is too sweet and lacks that real cream cheese tang.  So, I convinced my mom that it was a good idea to let me make a frosting for her boxed cake (again, nothing against boxed desserts!).  Not sure why it took convincing, but she was hesitant.

This frosting is amazing.  It is nice and tangy, not too sweet.  I hope that you take the 5 minutes to make this frosting for your next cake, whether it is from a box or not.

Cream Cheese Frosting
from: All Recipes

Ingredients

  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  1. In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy.
  2. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator after use.

No comments:

Post a Comment