I hope you try these; they are especially good for breakfast and will keep you full for a long time. Although I highly recommend trying the real thing, this is a great recipe and ends up being a lot cheaper.
Banana Bread Lara Bars
- 3 cups dates (make sure you pit them, I initially forgot this step!)
- 1/2 cup banana chips
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Chop up the dates in a food processor (a blender may work, but you might burn out the engine, not sure).
- Remove the dates from the food processor and put in the banana chips and walnuts. Pulse the nuts and fruit a few times until chopped into little pieces.
- Place the dates, walnuts, and bananas into a bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon. Mix with your hands until fully combined.
- On parchment or wax paper, spread the mixture out into a rectangle. It should be about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into eight pieces. They should look like granola bars, or similar to that. If you have ever had a Lara Bar, it should look pretty similar. If you haven't had one, well, I probably should have taken a picture!!!