Sunday, May 2, 2010

Garden


This post doesn't have any recipes (sorry), but I wanted to show off my garden a bit.  I planted things at the local community garden and things have been going pretty well so far.  We had a bit of a mishap the other day; someone moved my tomato plants for some unknown reason.  I'm sure they had good intentions, but I moved them back to where I had them.  I caged them too, maybe they'll get the message and not move them again.

What I'm growing:
  • Box Car Willie Tomatoes (a heirloom variety)
  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Acorn Squash
  • Jalapenos
  • Spaghetti Squash
  • Sugar Pumpkins (to make pumpkin pie)
  • Basil (Sweet and Piston varieties)

Acorn Squash, tomatoes, and jalapenos.  This was before I put my stolen tomato plants back.  See that little poof of green right before the hay ends?  That's piston basil.  It's tiny little basil leaves and I thought it was very cute so I had to buy it!!

Most of the garden, with Janine and her friend gardening.  In this picture you can see spinach, cucumbers, flowers, rosemary, sage, and lots of other things!  It was cloudy this day.

Okay, this doesn't look like much yet, but it's Janine's popcorn.  I really hope it grows, because I think it is really cool.

I'm really enjoying this adventure so far.  Sometimes I feel like a little kid, especially when the buds start coming up or I find something I didn't expect.  I'll keep you guys updated as things progress.  Cross your fingers that I have some veggies in a few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment