Wednesday, February 17, 2010

taco soup

Sorry for the lack of pictures in these last two posts, but today's food wasn't pretty, however it was delicious!  I made taco soup for dinner.  It couldn't be easier: the prep is about ten minutes and then the crock-pot does the rest of the work.  I adapted it a little, not much.  I'll give you the original recipe, but I used ground turkey, yellow onion, hot and spicy taco seasoning, and an extra can of drained kidney beans.  I wish I could remember where I got this, but thank you to whoever created this!!

Taco Soup
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 red onion, chopped
  • 1 can corn, undrained
  • 1 can black beans, undrained
  • 1 can kidney beans, undrained
  • 2 cans Rotel (chopped tomatoes and chiles)
  • 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
  • 1 envelope taco seasoning.
  1. Brown beef in a large skillet.  When it is close to done, add chopped onions and mix well.  You can drain the beef before you add the onions if you want.  Cover the pan, lower the heat to medium, and cook until the onions are soft.
  2. Dumb onion and beef with the remaining ingredients into a large crockpot.  Mix well.  Cook on high for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally (or not if you aren't home).
  3. Serving options: grated cheese, sour cream, or tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment