Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bread

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I have recently started making all of the bread that Max and I eat.  I use a book called Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day.  It is an awesome book because you can make a bunch of dough at the beginning of the week and keep it in your fridge until you need it and it lasts two weeks!  The dough doesn't usually last that long with us, especially not this week since we're running a little low on food.

I had a request for an easy bread recipe, so this is the one I wanted to share.  To make this recipe wheat bread, I discovered that you replace 2 of the cups of regular flour with 2 cups of whole wheat flour.  If you make it with all wheat flour, it turns out too dense and dry.  I'm only going to post a link to the recipe because you should really explore the website a little bit.  I also highly encourage you to buy this book.  It has lots of awesome recipes besides the master recipe.  You can also turn the master recipe into pita bread and baguettes.

Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day

PS: if you have any questions or need any tips, leave a comment here or on facebook and I'll try to help :)

No comments:

Post a Comment