This recipe is completely gluten and soy free for those of you with allergies. It is also super quick! I paired this with some green beans that I roasted with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
Pork Chops and Peaches
adapted from: paleoblocks
- 1 T olive or coconut oil
- 4 boneless pork chops or bone in, about 2 pounds
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 fresh peaches cut into wedges
- 1 small red onion cut into thin slices
- 3 T apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- Heat the oil in a large skillet (cast iron is ideal!). Season the pork with salt and 1/4 t pepper and cook until browned and almost cooked through (should feel firm to the touch), set aside.
- Add the peaches, onion, vinegar and salt and pepper to the skillet and cook until peaches and onions begin to soften.
- Return the pork and juices to the skillet. Reduce heat to low or medium low and cook for about five more minutes, or until pork is finished cooking and peaches and onions are soft.
- Sprinkle the pork and peaches with the basil and enjoy!